Saturday, August 6, 2016

Camera Bling (Fail)

I was looking gyaru pictures on the internet (the agejo look is so pretty! didn't know this sub-style) and got the sudden urge to bling the heck out of my camera. I don't think it really looks agejo but I believe it is still attention-grabbing and shiny. Also funny how I made a post on this blog almost three years ago when I acquired this camera.. (here - in French)
The camera still works great! Although it's slower than before and has a hard time focusing most of the time.

Progress. Click to enlarge.
By the way, I put these pics because I personally 
like when people post the process of anything they decorated.


Here's a (blurry) gif, but it still can't show the full shininess of the camera. ± _ ±

”decoden-camera”/

It's always difficult to take pictures of blinged things cause the colors and brightness never look the same as in real life.

I think the result is ok. Actually, it would have looked wayyy better with a white camera... there is a lot of black because I couldn't fill in with smaller rhinestones. I definitely need to work on this because empty spots don't look good (especially when the background does not harmonize with the deco).

--- The text above was written on August 6th. If you want to know the fail just keep reading.

So today it's August 13th and yesterday, I broke my camera while blinging it. Very stupid how it happened. I had a couple of days ago just received some 2.5mm Swarovski rhinestones I had ordered online, and yesterday while blinging the back of my camera, the thought of what AB crystals would have looked like on the zoom thing (instead of the black rhinestones) crossed my mind so I tried one just to see. But the rhinestone fell and went between the glass surface and the thin lid that closes and opens to protect the glass (sorry my camera knowledge really sucks.)
I had a small panic attack and tried to get it back, but it went somewhere inside the camera. I couldn't really believe what had just happened, because it happened so fast. So I just turned on and off my camera a couple of times and it was working fine. But a couple hours later, the power button wouldn't work anymore, it was blocked, and then it restarted working again, but minutes later the zoom blocked and now my camera is broken. I tried to get the rhinestone by disassembling it, but I got two electric shocks and it ended up a fail. Was a very shitty day yesterday. And some people in my house don't seem to get how long it takes, at least for me, to make this. Money yes, but especially effort and patience. I'm not just sticking random pearls and rhinestones together and voilà (others may think it works like this because they find it so ugly.) Well, I actually wished it was that easy, then I wouldn't be so disappointed by what happened. So it's just frustrating when they say things like, "You know what I'd do right now, is take that camera and throw it in there [the garbage]. Anyway, there's way too much stuff on this."
I'm just ranting. Well, this is my blog that practically no one reads so ranting here is quite nice. Yeah. And I know this is my fault because I decided out of my own will to see what would an AB crystal look like there, and then not handling the situation appropriately. I wasn't careful. So I'm not even frustrated, just disappointed.
At first, I was looking for a new camera to transfer the bling on, then I thought about buying the same model where I would just transfer the "outer-case" (because it's just the inside that's broken) on. But it would be spending money on something I shouldn't have had to spend on in the first place. So I'm gonna assume my mistake and do nothing. If "everything TRULY DOES happens for a reason", then I'm expecting something more than amazing to come to me to make up for what happened. Or maybe this is just a punishment because I had planned to do my readings for school starting the 1st of August and continued on blinging my camera instead. Anyway here are pictures of what I was working on.






Ranting done, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment