Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Blinging iPod Touch

Today I finished blinging my iPod Touch.


I don't really use it anymore, except for taking pictures (I think the camera has a great lighting for selfies even though quality is poor) and storing other pictures in. SINCE I GOT A MOTO X PLAY SMARTPHONE. Indeed, I don't use my LG dLite flip phone anymore.. snif.. I changed in December for a smartphone. It's amazing though, way faster, and I think the camera is amazing, except for taking selfies, I prefered the iPod's lighting cuz it was more lenient but that's acceptable. Also is it me or big smartphones (or just mine) have a tendency to elongate the face when taking selfies? I feel that. By the way I did try to bling my phone case but it ended up as a fail cuz I wasn't proud of the result. I found the bling not pretty enough to endure the hassle of being super careful with the phone when carrying it with me. I still thought of putting the result on here but actually I don't know the purpose of it.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the iPod Touch blinging process. This was the second attempt since the first was a disaster so I removed everything - hence the iPod looking all messed up on the first picture.

Talking about glue:
Also I tried the Beacon Gem-Tac glue.. wasn't really impressed even though the reviews seem to praise this product. I think I was too impatient because I found it didn't glue very fast; the pieces kept falling so I had to go back to the E-6000 glue and another one we have at house. But even though it seems like most people on Youtube that do DIY phone cases videos are using the E-6000 glue, it makes my pieces and rhinestones a lot less shinier.. like cloudy... I really need to find another glue because that prevents me from putting rhinestones and I'm stuck with pearls. Ok actually I just read that it depends of the rhinestones quality. That would make sense... I bought them from Dollarama for $1 haha..
--- As I'm re-reading this, I definitely underestimated that glue (Gem-Tac) and judged it too fast. Maybe it's not that good for normal pieces (since it doesn't glue that fast), but for rhinestones, it's another thing. You can click here to know why this glue is actually prettyyy good to preserve the gems' brilliance.

Progression. Click to enlarge.

Final result. Click to enlarge.

I am more or less satisfied with the look overall. I think it's because of the glue I used (it's not the E-6000 one) that sticks fast, but damages the sparkle of the gems. I won't use it in the future except if I really need it. And the case looks prettier under certain lightings. But it's okay. ¯\(◉‿◉)/¯

No comments:

Post a Comment