Monday, March 11, 2019

Liz Lisa knit, OPs, cardigans and shoes haul

It has been profusely snowing yesterday. I really can't wait until it actually feels like spring. Today is monday. I haven't done anything productive this weekend and for unclear reasons, have been avoiding writing this post. But I eventually came to write it, so here are Liz Lisa items I bought on Fril or Mercari in December 2018 and January 2019 and received last month.

The LL strawberry jam OP was bought on Mercari with Japonica Market, the shoes are from tokyokawaiilife.com and the other items were bought on Fril with From Japan.

Haul
Liz Lisa cable knit sweater


This sweater is from the 2018 fukubukuro. I absolutely loved this sweater from the moment I saw someone wearing it on IG. I love its shape, the collar, the sleeves, the bows... I was happy to find one new with tags for a respectable price, although far from very cheap.


The sweater is not made to be tight and falls nicely, not too baggy. However, the threads near the collar are very "spaced", which shows quite some skin when worn. I'm a tad disappointed as I have to wear a tank top underneath. This is my first LL knit sweater, and I don't know if the others being sold are like this (or, because it's a fukubukuro item, the fabric is a little cheaper—and that is why I personally don't buy fukubukuros but that's just my impression.)

I'm sorry I don't have a try on picture at the moment, I forgot to take one. I'll probably post one here once I have one, otherwise you may see it in future publications on my Lookbook.


Liz Lisa strawberry jam OP in red


I know I sound like a broken record, but I've been wanting this OP for a very good while... (and I still a list of LL items I want to get, but thank God it's getting shorter) but every time I wanted to buy it on Fril or Mercari, I would hesitate because of the price and someone else ended up buying it. This time, however, I thought the price was very good although I had some hesitancy because there was only one picture (and it was a stock photo) and because the seller stated she wasn't the first owner (there wasn't more info as to whether she was the second or third though.)
Nonetheless, I had been looking for this dress for months and it appeared like the only good deal in a long time. I didn't want to lose another opportunity again either, so I bought it.



This dress is extremely pretty with an adorable print. It doesn't have sleeves which I'm not fond of, but it's perfect for the summer season and I always thought of wearing it with a cardigan anyway (this also hides the criss-cross ribbon on the back which I've never been a fan of.)

However, the dress does have some noticeable damage such as the red stains from the fading ribbon on the collar.


I've seen this discoloration a lot of the strawberry jam OPs and skirts and really wanted to avoid buying one with this issue. Also, there's a (very) little stain under the second button and it is not the print:


But since it's very hard to find this dress anymore, I don't want to sell it. Still, the seller said the dress was exempt of any stain or damage which turns out to not be the case, which is slightly disappointing.


Liz Lisa x My Melody 11th collab OP in white


I've wanted this OP for a while but couldn't find it at a reasonable price, but most of the time, wouldn't see it on Japanese flea markets. I had actually also bought the pink version (in the same order I had bought the white one) but I felt something was off when worn (I don't know what exactly) so I sold it.


What I like the most about this OP is the print and the two ribbons on the waist. I used to dislike the hole on the upper back of the dress but came to feel neutral about it.




Liz Lisa dolman sleeve cardigan & tricot cardigan in pink



I put aside these purchases for a long time because I considered purchasing LL cardigans more like a boring necessity than something exciting like an OP. However, I've been wanting LL cardigans for a good while to wear with my dresses. I was eyeing these models for some time, found them both in good condition and at a really good price, and thought it was finally time to buy them.



For the pink cardigan, I actually wanted to buy the white one first cuz you can pair it more easily, but I couldn't find a good deal.


Liz Lisa ankle ballet shoes (TKL.jp or TKL.com)

I had stayed pretty distant from LL shoes since I had bought a pair of boots in size M that was too small for me. However, I had also been looking for a nice pair of black flats (criss-cross straps or mary janes) but could never find any that looked good and that I wanted to buy until I saw these shoes. The M size was 23.5 cm, and considering my Bobon21 pumps and flats were 23 cm and fit me okay (except for the shoe vamp for the flats!), I thought it was worth giving these LL shoes a chance.



I'm glad I gave it a risk because the shoes fit perfectly. Unlike the Bobon21 flats, these LL ones leave enough space to wear them with socks. They are very comfortable. I am tempted to buy the same pair but in silver, since it's so rare I like a pair of shoes.

Note: I ordered them on their international website and did end up paying customs fees again.


Cherite by Prime Pattern, Lodispotto...

This haul being done... I've been liking a lot Cherite by Prime Pattern lately. I already liked their OPs' patterns from the 2018 fall collection, but I thought the fit looked a bit boxy. Their spring collection looks amazing though, although the clothes are more modest and mature than what I usually like.

Here are some items that caught my eye:

I actually only like the top, but it's a set... sigh.

Both the top and the skirt look pretty

Lovely skirt and the belt gives it an elegant look

Cute shirt

Love this blue-grey with white organza combination


I've also discovered while wandering on Fril, that Lodispotto used to make OPs with prints similar to more old school Liz Lisa and Ank Rouge. I bought one that I really liked at first sight. I'm really excited to see how it looks and fits. Since then, I had only been buying OPs from Liz Lisa (except for a Bobon21 JSK/dress).

Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment