Thursday, June 24, 2021

June '21 Cooking Take-Ons

Back in 2018, I had decided to post any subsequent cooking experience on my IG account.

In October 2020, I posted on IG a pic of me holding my vintage handbag from ElekonChicBoutique (to see it, go there and CTRL + F "I was so").

A couple of months later, I started following a vintage store on IG that I had previously bought from. To my surprise, the store liked my handbag picture and followed me back. Shortly after, another vintage account liked the same picture.

These events dissuaded me from posting any more of my cooking experiences on IG. I'm not sad, because I didn't enjoy that much making these posts on IG. From now on, I'll take my cooking notes on the same sheets of paper that have the recipes written on them. (I had started in March 2020 to write on paper the recipes I had liked. It will probably become a slow cooker/simple food cookbook.)

As for this platform, around the end of each month, if I've made any new recipe(s), I'll mention it here. I tend to want to chronicle every little thing that happens during the process, but I'll try to be brief so that these blog posts are only meant to share the food I cooked and their recipe. How I cooked it or how I altered the recipe shall be written my cookbook-to-be.

First month to be featured is June 2021. All three recipes tried during that month come from the same website and were made using the slow cooker.


June 5th 2021 | Alfredo and Buffalo Pasta

[Recipe] (it's in French, but can be easily translated.)

I was impressed by the taste considering the few ingredients needed and the very easy steps.

Only I think there should have been more sauce because some of my portions didn't have enough and it was kinda dry with the rice. Also, I shall use sodium-reduced soya sauce next time (AND dilute it) because I thought it was way too salty.


June 13th 2021 | Alfredo & Cajun Chicken Pasta

[Recipe] (in French)

I thought it was weird to cut the chicken once it had cooked for 2.5 hours, but that's trivial; the dish was delicious. The taste of cajun is totally absent, maybe due to the spices I personally used.

Next time I make this recipe, I'll cut the chicken into smaller pieces and use 2 tbsp of butter instead of 4. It was a bit too greasy for my liking.


June 20th 2021 | Chicken Buffalo Pasta

[Recipe] (in French)

The presentation is bad; the dish looks dry as hell. That's because I put too much pasta (900 g) while the recipe asked for 2 cups. Idk, there's was a lot of liquid in the slow cooker and I thought it could undertake my gigantic amount of pasta. Plus, I wanted to use the whole package of fettuccine.

Fortunately, the taste is good. It is just enough cheesy and Buffalo-y. I'll probably make this recipe again, obviously with less pasta this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment