Monday, July 29, 2019

Liz Lisa & other cute stuff

It's been hot here... 🌋 (it's a volcano.) Not as hot as the first two weeks of July last year, but still. I went downtown this past weekend and the heat was unbearable. 🌞 Plus, too many people.

Back in April, I ordered two Liz Lisa pieces with From Japan. I received them at the beginning of July. A week later, I made two purchases in physical stores (it had been a really long time since I had purchased anything clothes-related—except underwear—from a physical store.)


Liz Lisa lavender gingham sukapan



This sukapan looked really cute in the seller's picture and I love gingham. Also, I had never seen it before. Despite its exorbitant price, I decided to buy it... 💸
Unfortunately, I didn't know that between the time buying it and receiving it, I'd come to prefer wearing longer skirts, below the knee...

The sukapan looks really cute, but I feel it just isn't my style anymore... so I put it up for sale.


I love the embroidery on the hem. It says "Baby's Breath ❤ Bouquet Story".
(I didn't know the sukapan was from this collection.)

Two little snags which infuriate me because I paid a lot for this sukapan


Lodispotto/mille fille closet light pink sweater


I've wanted these sweaters since I saw them released from mille fille closet's 2018 Spring collection. Indeed, all three, because it is also made in white and light blue. But I had to abstain myself because of the price.

I was surprised yet very happy to see the sweater for sale secondhand. It was actually listed by the same seller who I bought the LL sukapan from. Strangely, the sweater was so inexpensive compared to the sukapan and I'd thought it'd be the opposite.


I haven't even tried the sweater yet (blame the hot weather) but I love it already. The sleeves, the frills, the (removable) bow, the hem, everything is so well-made. Also, I haven't found any flaws or defects like on the LL sukapan.


The details on the collar are so beautiful. I had not noticed them on the stock pictures (or I forgot about them cuz the release was one year ago). Thankfully, the collar is removable, so I will be able to wash the sweater without having to worry about damaging it.


Beige plaid skirt and white bow belt


I bought this skirt at Mia Mix. I've been seeing this store for a few years each time I exit Les Cours Mont-Royal to go to the subway. Although I always noticed the lovely outfits displayed on the models at the front of the store, I had never stopped by because I thought the clothes were very cheap (like some stores from China on eBay).

That day I finally couldn't resist and ended up in the store. I didn't dare take any pictures inside but I would have liked to. The store decoration looks really cute. 🌷 I found nice blouses with lace in beige and ivory, the kind I can only find online. Most of the clothes are free size but the seller told me they also carried multiple sizes at the back of the store.

Except for clothes, they also have accessories; the ones I can think of on top of my head are belts and jewelry. They have a lot of cute belts in different designs and colours. A lot of them have bows in the middle. I admit they look quite cheap (it's no Gucci belt) and I guess you could find exact/similar models on eBay for less than half the price. However, you'd probably have to wait 1-2 months for shipping and the chance of seeing these types of belts in other physical stores is pretty slim.

I was surprised to see the store carried vintage-like skirts as I had never seen such designs in physical stores, like Simons or H&M. A beige plaid one and a black x white one caught my eye, but in the end, I decided to go easy for my first visit and only choose to try one of them. I chose the beige one and eventually bought it. I like how I can match the skirt with shirts in different colours: white, ivory, purple, black, navy, red, bordeaux, grey, etc.


The skirt isn't lined and the fabric isn't the best quality. Also, the hem of the skirt slightly rolls up, but when wearing it, you don't really notice it. Nonetheless, these inconveniences don't affect how the skirt looks when worn and the price paid is a good deal IMO (24.99$ CAD). Maybe I could have gotten a cheaper one on eBay, but I really didn't have the patience of skimming through several hundreds of skirts just to save some bucks.

Love the buckle on the belt

The salesperson helped me found a belt as I wanted one to match with the skirt. Since there were a lot of models, finding the best-matching belt took a while, but the seller was really nice and had great taste.

The bow is sticky on the sides (no idea why), but I just don't touch it.



As you can see, the inconvenience of this belt is that it attaches with a hook that risks damaging the skirt by rubbing constantly against it. I'm presently thinking of a way to prevent that from happening, even if it involves replacing the hook by something else*. I'd also like to make the belt tighter since it is a bit loose (and the same goes for the skirt—the waist could definitely be smaller, which surprises me because it is Asian clothing.)

Cute bag

With a white shirt I had bought earlier from Simons.
Sorry, the bow on the belt isn't centered, ugh!


*Edit August 14th 2019: My mom moved the "patch" with the three holes further to make the belt tighter. She also sewed a black piece of fabric behind the white patch so that the hook won't rub against the skirt fabric and damage it. It's perfect now:

No comments:

Post a Comment