Saturday, January 19, 2019

Liz Lisa pieces, keyboard stickers, perfume...

During the month of December, I ordered two Liz Lisa items from the brand itself, which is uncommon (since I usually buy secondhand on Fril or Mercari). I bought the strawberry bonbon sukapan (red) on Tokyo Kawaii Life website (for international customers) and the macaron bouquet OP (white) from Liz Lisa's eBay official store.

For the first time in ordering Liz Lisa items, I had to pay customs fees when I received them. This was the first time I had ordered with the international TKL website, so I told myself to be cautious next time... As for Liz Lisa's store on eBay, I had already bought the ribbon check stole before and did not have to pay customs fees, so I was perplexed. The scarf did cost much less than the OP though, so maybe that is why.
(Btw—and knocking on wood—I've never paid customs fees when buying through a proxy before.)


Liz Lisa strawberry bonbon sukapan ボトムス > ストロベリーボンボン柄スカパン
I've always loved this sukapan but found it too expensive. I was thinking on buying it on Fril or Mercari when I would find one for sale, but there are very few of them (I think I saw one or two since their release?) I once saw one at an okay price but hesitated too long and someone else ended up buying it.

In December, I checked TKL's IG story and learned there was a sale (I don't remember on what exactly) but I saw the strawberry sukapan on the background image. I immediately opened my computer and rushed on the website to find it and buy it. I got it on sale for a very respectable price, but since I ended up paying customs fees (which was a considerable amount, though not as much as the OP x_x), it wasn't that great of a deal.


Love the check pattern hem of the skirt;
the hem and the waist are the main reasons why I love this skirt

There's an organza/tulle layer and then the shorts

The sukapan is smaller and shorter in real life which surprised me but in a positive way. Most of LL today's sukapan are too long for my taste.

I like the fit. Nothing negative.

I don't really have something amazing to coord this with... but I will definitely find something, I'm not worried. I had planned to wear this with an Amavel blouse and the collar bow, but because there's already a bow on the skirt at the waist, it doesn't look that good if the blouse also has a bow. Yesterday, I was looking at Amavel blouses on Fril and saw one model that had cherries on the collar. I think it would look really cute with this skirt (or any embroidery text/image on the collar, really.)
I could also replace the usual bow on the collar by a criss-cross tie (though I'd need one first.)
Another great match would naturally be with a red cardigan and I've been wanting to buy one for so long. The red one that was paired with Liz Lisa's strawberry jam OP (back in 2016) is the first on my list, though I never made the move and bought it when I had the occasion to.


Liz Lisa macaron bouquet OP マカロンブーケ柄ワンピース
While I had been wanting the sukapan for a long time, the OP was kind of an impulse purchase. I don't even remember when Liz Lisa released it or if I noticed its release. I think I just saw it a few times in the newsletter, but then I saw a model try on on IG (in white); that is when the dress really caught my eye and I wanted to buy it. I was actually hesitating between the white and the pink one but finally went with my first choice. On some pictures, the pink OP looks really nice (it's a very light pink shade—maybe the filter?) but on others (such as the official pictures on TKL), the colour looks like a darker dusty pink which I dislike.

The following pictures don't really do justice to the beauty of this piece.





There's French also on the strawberry bonbon skirt

You can't really see, but there's a pink ribbon
all around the hem of the dress

Again, organza/tulle layer, this time with a frill layer
that picks up the gingham pattern on the collar

With low heels

With high heels

I am so disappointed with the fit because the dress looks really big on me. Nothing fits nice except for the sleeves. I had yet taken my measurements before purchasing the dress and everything seemed fine (except for the 87 cm length that was longer than my other LL dresses, which worried me a bit.) Turns out the length isn't such a big deal for me compared to the bust area, it's loose. My other LL dresses are definitely smaller.

Example: comparison between LL macaron bouquet and LL x My Melody piano OP:
Liz Lisa pink sukapan.. Liz Lisa pink sukapan

I'm really sad to say this but I'll probably sell the dress. There are actually LL sukapan I'd rather buy and wear (such as the black gingham one released a couple of weeks ago) instead of keeping this dress in the closet.


Keyboard stickers
Told you in my last post I had bought keyboard stickers for my new laptop in December. I was really happy to receive them this week.



I like the feel of these bubble stickers, they're foamy and bouncy. I tried to not buy the ones I had previously (normal flat stickers, not bubble) because they had ended up fading as I typed more and more on the keys. It was like typing on ugly white stickers.

Before & after:
Liz Lisa pink sukapan.. Liz Lisa pink sukapan



As expected, not all the keys fit because I have a French keyboard and obviously, the stickers aren't shaped the same as my keyboard keys. I had to cut the Space sticker, the H and the B letters (B isn't even recognizable anymore...). I also had to stick some random ones on some to avoid weird emptiness, but as you can see, there are still "naked" keys (except for the top keys, the arrows, the AltCar and the Ctrl keys that do have a sticker, but they are way too big. I actually tried to cut the Alt one but messed up.)

Overall though, I'm satisfied. It's so hard to find keyboard stickers on the Internet today; this set is the only cute one at the moment that every seller seems to sell.


Perfume - Bamboo by Gucci
Well, it's actually an Eau de Parfum that I bought last weekend at The Bay.


The vendor told me Nomade (by Chloe) fit me better, but I preferred the scent of Bamboo. She also told me that I would definitely seduce a man with Nomade instead of Bamboo. I wasn't convinced and as a guy, would personally find the smell off-putting. But maybe that lady spoke the truth, I really don't know.

I got other small gifts for purchasing the perfume:

Perfume (bottom), Bamboo perfume body lotion and shower gel (top),
samples of two other scents released along with Bamboo (sides)

No comments:

Post a Comment