Sunday, May 8, 2016

Spinach Cheddar Muffins

Hello,

This is a recipe I first discovered in 2013 here. I made it a couple of times since, and yesterday made it for the first time of the year (2016). They're ok, not exceptional, but make a good plug. Sometimes we eat them with pastas. It's good. Unfortunately, I forgot the changes I had done to the recipe (and had not write them down previously), so the muffins didn't end up that great. I put 2 tsp of baking powder, but 1 is clearly enough. I believe my muffins' weird taste is due to too much baking powder.


The previous link gives you the original recipe, but here is the version altered by me. The comments left by users are also great ideas to improve the muffins' taste.

qt. ingredients
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder (cuz my mom doesn't really like garlic)
6 tbsp melted butter
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup spinach
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 cup muffin cups.
2. In a pan, lightly cook the spinach (so they become like sauteed, but not too much.)
3. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
4. Melt the butter. (this time, I only used 1 tbsp instead of 6.)
5. In another bowl, stir the melted butter, egg, milk, spinach, and Cheddar cheese together until evenly blended. Slowly stir in the flour mixture to form a batter. Spoon about 2 tablespoons into each muffin cup.
6. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 35 minutes. (for me, I baked 15 minutes and added another 5 minutes. I had 12 muffins in total.)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment